[Chameleon] PHP5 and Chameleon

bartvde at xs4all.nl bartvde at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 1 10:23:02 EST 2005

Hi list,

today I have done a little testing using the sample_roi application on
Windows using Mapserver/Mapscript current CVS version.

First of all, I tested with PHP 4.3.10 as a CGI:
I got 31/32 hits in a minute.

After that I tested with PHP 4.3.10 as a module
34 hits in a minute.

I had expected a higher increase in performance.

Then I compiled php mapscript for PHP5, and switched my MS4W environment
to use PHP 5 as an Apache 2 module. The results here quite astonish me:
only 13 hits in a minute

Did anybody else use PHP5? And experience this drop in performance?

Any thoughts appreciated.