[Chameleon] PHP5 and Chameleon

bartvde at xs4all.nl bartvde at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 2 09:54:29 EST 2005

Hi Jacob,

I think the difference between php.exe and php-cgi.exe is that php.exe is
supposed to be used from the command-line only. It used to be one
executable, but I think they separated the two. See also install.txt:

   |-php-cgi.exe          -- CGI executable

   |-php-win.exe          -- executes scripts without an opened command
prompt

   |-php.exe              -- CLI executable - ONLY for command line scripting

I did not get any error messages with the ROI sample, the only problem I
had was with the sample application finding chameleon.php.

I changed my include_path in php.ini:

include_path = ".;/ms4w/apps/chameleon/htdocs"

And used in the phtml file:

include( "chameleon.php" );

For the whole module thing I had to do the following:

For PHP4 (with PHP5 this is not necessary because they changed the
directory structures):
copy everything from dlls and sapi to the php root directory.

The following config in httpd.conf:

##
## PHP 4 Module config
##
#AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4 .php3 .phtml .php
#LoadModule php4_module "C:/ms4w/Apache/php/php4apache2.dll"
#PHPIniDir "/ms4w/Apache/php/"

##
## PHP 5 Module config
##
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4 .php3 .phtml .php
LoadModule php5_module "C:/ms4w/Apache/php5/php5apache2.dll"
PHPIniDir "/ms4w/Apache/php5/"

I did move some of the dll's mapscript depends on, into the system32
folder, but I don't know if this is necessary. I guess not, but I was just
lazy ...