[Chameleon] Map display problem

McGraw, Joanne mcgrawj at AGR.GC.CA
Fri Mar 4 14:10:39 EST 2005

Has anyone ever heard of problems displaying maps that result in the
error message:

Premature end of script headers: php.exe, referer:
http://localhost/mapdata/indicators2005/index.phtml

being added to Apache's error.log? I've searched the archives and people
have noted it, but no one has suggested a solution. My particular
problem strikes me as some kind of memory overrun somewhere...possibly
in MapServer itself, but I really don't know.

I have a shapefile with 12,353 features. For a particular layer, I am
using a CLASSITEM that points to a double data type field with values
ranging from 0.0 to 496.95. To display it, I would like to set 6 classes
that use logical expressions to define what class they should be
displayed as. However, when I use 6 classes, php.exe chugs away for a
while and then coughs with the error noted above. The map display fails.

If, on the other hand, I use only 5 of the classes to display, it
works!! It does not matter which 5 of the classes I include or,
conversely, which 1 of the 6 classes I leave out. Any combination is
fine...as long as it's only a combination of 5 classes. Adding a sixth
makes the display break again.

Does this sound like anything anyone has come across? Or, has anyone
come across the "Premature end of script headers..." error before and
found a different solution to fixing it?

Cheers,

Jtm