[Chameleon] PanMap problems

Jason Grimes jgrimes at gi.alaska.edu
Mon Mar 21 18:16:00 EST 2005

Hi Paul,

Now that I have some time to work on this problem I thought I would
bring it back on the list again.  :-)  Now as far as I can tell the
problem is only with Netscape/Mozilla browsers.  IE doesn't appear to
have any problems.  The widget does not have any functional problems,
you can move the map around and it pans the image.  The problem is in
the display of the map as you move it.  The map doesn't move at all as
you move the mouse, but you can see the map being clipped as it should
be when it moves off the edge.  It is a bit disconcerting as the clip
moves opposite of the mouse movement.  I built my original template off
of the Enhanced sample template.  For the new one I have completely
re-built it from the ground up but it still has this problem.  The
Enhanced sample interface does not have this problem.  I have compared
the two and I have been unable to find the difference.  It is almost
like I'm missing some Javascript somewhere.

I'm not sure if it is related or not, but I'm having a similar problem
with the rule widget.  The widget works and the distance is displayed
with no problems.  The problem is that the dotted line does not draw
correctly on the screen.  Javascript draws it in the upper left hand
corner of the browser window and not on the map as it should.

I'm running FireFox version 1.0.  Thank you for any help you can give
me.

Jason