[Chameleon] XML Theme Legend -Choosing what to Display-

Dave Sampson gis at watersheds.ca
Tue Mar 29 19:22:09 EST 2005

Hey Yall,

We have overcome many battles of the theme legend thanks to posts in
this group, so I hope this initiated post will return good results.

Background:
We are using both an XML Theme Legend and a LEGEND template to produce
two different results (oln seprate tabs)
We have tailored the Legend to show only layers that are currently
turned on and vissible in the current extent (view).
We have a THEME to GROUP to LAYER relation in our theme legend
Under each GROUP exists one or Multiple LAYERS
If multiple LAYERS exist they usualy flow seamlessly calling upon
appropriate layers for each extent (view)
If a GROUP contains a single LAYER that LAYER owns a whole group.
Each THEME and GROUP can be (de)activated through a checkbox

Setup:
We are using a PHTML file that calls an HTML file, which calls a LEGEND
TEMPLATE and LEGEND REDERER
In that Same PHTML file we call a fake THEME TEMPLATE and a THEME XML
file and THEME RENDERER,

The challenge:
If a GROUP contains one (or multiple) LAYERS that can not be viewed at
the current extent we would like that group to not show up in the THEME
tab... thus not permitting user input to (un)check a given group, or
THEME if applicable. Our goal is that only GROUP(s) (and THEMES)
containing LAYER(s) that can give the user instant feedback can be
(un)checked.

I hope I have provided enough info, but let me know if more is required.

Cheers

Dave

|Dave Sampson: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician	|
|Centre for Sustainable Watersheds				|
|Cooperative Approaches to Protect Canada's Water Resources	|
|						|
|14 Water St, P.O Box 280. Portland Ontario, Canada. K0G 1V0	|
|Lat: 44.700	Long: -76.19					|
|www.watersheds.ca		gis at watersheds.ca		|