[Chameleon] Query tool customisation

Rhys Ickeringill rhysi at omnilink.com.au
Thu Mar 31 01:45:58 EST 2005

Hi again list,

I wish to create a new chameleon tool which has similar functionality to the
Query navigation tool - user clicks on feature on map, resulting in a new
popup with information about that feature. I figure the most expedient way
to do this is to subclass NavTool or possibly the Query class. Unfortunately
there's a bit of a gulf between ambition and talent (or at least knowledge).

Having looked at the files {widgets/Query.widget.php,
/widgets/QueryResult.phtml, /wrapper/map_query.php} there's a few things I
don't understand. For instance I can't seem to find how Chameleon goes from
<CWC2 type="query" ... /> to creating a Query widget in the server side
processing. A quick grepping of the chameleon directories fails to find
anywhere where a "new Query" is executed (only a few "new QueryResults")

But perhaps most importantly, I can't seem to find how the properties of the
Query class get set - there are no methods in the Query class which do
anything with the properties other than set the defaults. ie. where
something interprets

<CWC2 type="query" ... highlightresults="true">

as

$oQuery = new Query();
$oQuery->$mbPopupResults = true;

In essance what I'm asking is "what do I have to do to support the wiring up
of CWC2 tags to class member variables?"

Thanks

- Rhys