[Chameleon] Several questions

Stephan Holl sholl at gmx.net
Mon May 9 04:10:47 EDT 2005

Hello Paul, Dirk

[sorry for crossposting, wrong account :-)]

On Wed, 04 May 2005 11:47:07 -0400 Paul Spencer
<pspencer at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:

> Hi Dirk,
>
> answers inline
>
> Dirk Jesko wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am creating a portal using chameleon. Most widgets work pretty
> > well and I really like the environment. However, I ran into a
> > couple of mostly minor problems:
> >
> > 1. I would like to translate the GUI to German. Is it just done by
> > adding a new column of the dbf-files and writing the corresponding
> > text? Or is there something else that has to be done?
>
> that is correct.  Someone did contribute German translations but I
> never did integrate them into the cvs version.  Bad Paul!
> Unfortunately, things got a bit out of date and now it would be
> difficult to do.
>
> Speaking of which, I am not happy with how translations are currently
> working, it is too hard to maintain.  I am trying to come up with a
> better way ...

I would like to jump into this discussion here, because I am interested
in translating to german as well.
Paul, is there any current work done to reorganize this translation
issue?
If not, how to proceed? Sending you the updated .dbf-files to update
in CVS?

[...]

Thanks for your help

Stephan