[Chameleon] Mixing PHP & Chameleon Widgets?

Bill Binko bill at binko.net
Thu May 19 22:14:51 EDT 2005

Ok, I'm going to show my cluelessness here for a minute.

I'm looking to integrate map elements into pages that already include PHP
code.

I understand the goal of separating the markup and the logic, but I would
like to embed widgets in pages that are dynamically created, and the
systems they work with don't have a Tag-based abstraction layer.

Is there a way to do this?  Is there a way to setup Chameleon so that
after it has done it's processing it feeds the results back into PHP to
execute?  Or perhaps the opposite (PHP first, then Chameleon)?  I think I
can manage with either of those solutions.

If not, I will have to encapsulate all of that existing logic into
Chameleon widgets (and I'm not sure I can consolidate it as well as I'd
need to.  That is, I'd have many widgets that had to cooperate.

Any pointers for a newbie would be appreciated.

Bill