[Chameleon] How do I limit the access of the Chameleon folder

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Nov 11 11:01:54 EST 2005

Hi,

put your application in a directory parallel to the chameleon directory:

/ms4w/apps/chameleon/
/ms4w/apps/myApp/

then create an htdocs (or whatever you want to call it) directory
inside myApp that will contain only the web-accessible portion of
your application

then create an alias file in /ms4w/httpd.d/ ... see one of the
existing files.  It MUST be named httpd_<something>.conf to work.
Then restart apache and your new alias will point to your htdocs
folder only, the rest of your app is hidden to the web.

example alias file:

Alias /myApp "/ms4w/apps/myApp/htdocs"
<Directory "/ms4w/apps/myApp/htdocs">
   AllowOverride None
   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

and the url becomes http://localhost/myApp