[Chameleon] JSAPI - Keyboard Event Handlers

Deschamps,Paul [NCR] Paul.Deschamps at ec.gc.ca
Thu Nov 17 15:36:03 EST 2005

Good day lists,

Well I am implementing some accessibility options on our map in development here and I have a question

The compaspoint (pan arrows). Is their a jsapi function to engage these buttons?

Perhaps I am being a bit lazy, instead of looking thru the .js file that handles CWCButton. However if someone has
already came across this it could save me some time. :)

I need to trigger the Locate widget and the compaspoint widgets via JS or any button for that matter.

Included is my js routine that shows you what I have done already

Thanks list.

Paul.

<script language=javascript>
<!--
// add a listener.
document.onkeydown = keyListener;

//Wrapper for IE
function keyListener(e){
   if(!e){
      //for IE
      e = window.event;
   }

// MAP SIZE key:1 -------------
   if(e.keyCode==49){
      changeMapSize('s',<? echo $_mapSize["s"]["width"] ?>, <? echo $_mapSize["s"]["height"] ?>);
   }
// MAP SIZE key:2 -------------
   if(e.keyCode==50){
      changeMapSize('m',<? echo $_mapSize["m"]["width"] ?>, <? echo $_mapSize["m"]["height"] ?>);
   }
// MAP SIZE key:3 -------------
   if(e.keyCode==51){
      changeMapSize('l',<? echo $_mapSize["l"]["width"] ?>, <? echo $_mapSize["l"]["height"] ?>);
   }
 // MAP ZOOM OUT key: O -------------
   if(e.keyCode==79){
     goCWCJSAPI.oMap.ZoomOut();
   }

// MAP ZOOM IN key:I -------------
   if(e.keyCode==73 ){
     goCWCJSAPI.oMap.ZoomIn();
   }
// MAP ZOOM ALL key:A -------------
   if(e.keyCode==65 ){
     goCWCJSAPI.oMap.ZoomFull();
   }

 // MAP PRINT key: P -------------
   if(e.keyCode==80){
     printerFriendly('<? echo strtolower($_itemType); ?>');
   }
  // MAP HELP key: H -------------
   if(e.keyCode==72){
     document.location.href= '<? echo $_basePath?>/cesiHelp.php?lang=<? echo $lang?>';
   }
}

Paul Deschamps, UI Design / Graphic Artist
Integrated Environmental Applications Branch / Direction des Applications Environnementales Intégrés
Knowledge Integration Directorate / Direction générale de l'integration du savoir
Environment Canada / Environnement Canada
70 Crémazie, 7th Floor / 7e étage
Gatineau, Québec  K1A 0H3
Tel / Tél: (819) 934-2986
E-mail / Courriel: Paul.Deschamps at ec.gc.ca