[Chameleon] folder structure description...

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Nov 30 10:31:25 EST 2005

Maxi,

comments inline ...

On 30-Nov-05, at 3:15 AM, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:

> Hi folks, i'm preparing some documentation of Chameleon in Italian and
> would like
> to have a short description of what the folder are for.
> Here is what I have understood (or not).
> Please help me in filling or correcting my knowledge...
>
>     * */ms4w/apps/chameleon/ : installation folder (main folder)

correct

>     * */ms4w/apps/chameleon/config : contains configuration file
>       (or just the config application show up with the URL
>       localhost/chameleon/config/ ?)

this is just the configuration files themselves

>     * */ms4w/apps/chameleon/admin : (?);

this is the admin tool that is used to edit the configuration files

>     * */ms4w/apps/chameleon/docs/ : various documentation of
> Chameleon;

yes

>     * */ms4w/apps/chameleon/htdocs_admin/ : (?);

not used anymore, it used to be the admin tool ... this directory
should have been removed from cvs.

>     * */ms4w/apps/chameleon/samples/ : application sample;

yes

>     * */ms4w/apps/chameleon/cwc2/ : CWC2 service files;

yes

>     * */ms4w/apps/chameleon/htdocs/ : teh core of the chameleon

yes

>       template: widgets, skins, icons, etc..;
>     * */ms4w/apps/chameleon/etc/ : here are the fonts;

and the symbol file :)

>     * */ms4w/apps/chameleon/utils/ : (?) wich kind of utilities? now
>       just an xml folder

general utilities, but specifically for supporting the documentation
stuff for now.

> Thanks a lot for the help...
> Maxi

Cheers