[Chameleon] memory leak MapDHTML in IE without imagetoolbar

Piebe de Vries piebe.de.vries at geodan.nl
Mon Oct 3 03:43:40 EDT 2005

Hello,

If de MapDHMTL widget (chameleon 2.0) is used in IE in combination with a,
in de page, *disabled* image toolbar (the small, anoying toolbar that pops
up in each picture when the mouse is on top of the picture), the memory
use of IE will increase fast (in our application with almost 1,5 Mb for
each refresh op the page).

Thus do not include
in your template.

However this means that IE will rerender its screen every time that the
mouse leaves the map, which is quite annoying. Turning off the toolbar in
the browser preferences prevents this, but that is it bit much to ask from
each user.

Anybody came across this problem and has found a nice solution? (I saw
something on the web about including galleryimg="no" in the img tag, but I
have not yet checked whether that works or not.)

cheers,
 Piebe de Vries

--
  Piebe de Vries		  piebe.de.vries at geodan.nl
  Geodan IT b.v.		  Tel: +31 (0)73 - 6925 151
  President Kennedylaan 1	  Fax: +31 (0)73 - 5711 333
  1079 MB Amsterdam (NL)	  http://www.geodan.nl