[Chameleon] PHP Upgrade Problem

Pascoe,Tim [Burlington] Tim.Pascoe at ec.gc.ca
Wed Oct 12 16:04:51 EDT 2005

I recently upgraded to PHP 5.0.5, and the associated Mapscript updates, along with Chameleon 2.2. This is a Windows2000 box with IIS. I've had trouble getting an existing application to run, and the latest error is a PHP access problem. The message is (drum-roll please):

PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 77FCD79A

I was getting maps returned properly (except for a local WMS) until I changed an error in a path for a dynamically generated SLD script. Now, all I get is the dreaded red X for the map and key map. The PHP error is generated if I include the Error widget, or paste the ref for the map from the properties window into a browser. I've tried restarting IIS, eliminating the SLD from the WMS layer, and crying inconsolably. No luck. IUSR has read/write/modify permissions on the map_temp, button_temp, and sessiondata directories.

	Any ideas? The error message is phenomenally enlightening.

Timothy Pascoe

Environment Canada / Environnement Canada
Canada Centre for Inland Waters / Centre Canadien des Eaux Intérieures
867 Lakeshore Road / 867, chemin Lakeshore
Burlington, Ontario / Burlington (Ontario)
L7R 4A6

Tel/Tél: (905) 336-6239
Fax/Téléc: (905) 336-4699
E-mail/C. élec: tim.pascoe at ec.gc.ca
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada
This e-mail represents the opinions and views solely held by its author and in no manner may be considered as representing those of his/her employer.