[Chameleon] WFS layer display problem

Bird, Derek Derek.Bird at xwave.com
Wed Oct 26 19:21:01 EDT 2005

Hi, this is the same question I asked on the chameleon forum ...

What is occuring is the URL to your map server has a ? followed by the map and whatever parameters .. The Chameleon all then takes that URL and automatically appends a ? to the URL, you can not have two ? marks in a URL.

The only solution I know of would be to create an alias in Apache for your map...  ie http://10.59.36.53:8080/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/html/fgs/apps/chameleon-2.0/test/map/test.map&typename=sightings2004_point becomes http://10.59.36.53:8080/cgi-bin/maptest then it will work great.

If you notice DMS has their world map demo does not go through mapserv .... They must either have an scriptalias or some custom cgi script. I have not had an answer from them yet...

Regards,
Derek