[Chameleon] problem porting application

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Wed Sep 7 13:18:49 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have developed a chameleon 2.2 application on a local desktop running
ms4w 1.2.1 (PHP version 4.3.11,MapServer/PHPMapScript 4.4.2, 4.6.0).

I am trying to deploy to a Linux box with chameleon 2.2 successfully
installed, with PHP 5.0.5, and MapServer/PHP Mapscript from latest CVS.

When I start the application I receive the following error:

"Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in
/usr/local/wwwsites/apache/devgeo.cciw.ca/apps/chameleon/htdocs/Template
Processor.php on line 107"

I initially thought this was due to the later versions of
PHP/MapServer/Mapscript, but when I tried the sample applications,
everything worked fine.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

..Tom

Tom Kralidis
Senior Systems Scientist