[Chameleon] sample help

Tim Badtke TBadtke at eastcentralrpc.org
Tue Sep 13 10:19:13 EDT 2005

I think it has something to do with the temp directories but I'm not
entirely sure of that. I ran a mapserver demo to make sure mapserver was
working properly and the way I had symlinked /var/www/html/ms_tmp to
/tmp/ms_tmp was causing problems. The images were being written but the
browser couldn't find them. I fixed that and the ms demo works fine. The
access log pointed me in the right direction. Thought that would be it,
but I still get nothing but a broken image for the chameleon demo.
Nothing is reported in the error or access log. Properties on the image
give the location as
http://localhost/chameleon/chameleon.php//skins/default/images/a_pixel.g
if. There are no temp images being written to /tmp/ms_tmp/?? In /tmp/,
there are sess_ folders written.

Apache doc root is set to /var/www/html/
Alias myApp to /var/www/html/myApp/htdocs/

/var/www/html/chameleon/ is a symlink to /opt/chameleon/htdocs/
/var/www/html/ms_tmp/ is a symlink to /tmp/ms_tmp/ which is writable by
the web user

Thanks for taking the time to help me out, I appreciate it.
Tim