[Chameleon] Is there a line widget out there?

Delfos, Jacob jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Thu Sep 15 22:40:23 EDT 2005

Hi List,

I'm working on a widget that saves ROI objects to a layer in the map, also
allowing them to be downloaded as shapefiles. I now want to expand it by
adding support for line objects, because it seems our users tend to draw
lines more often than regions. Hopefully this will cut down the time spent
digitising by our GIS people :)

I was trying to modify the ROIPolygonTool, but it proves quite complex, and
I'd have to modify the other ROI widgets to integrate it. I don't actually
need all the ROI support; I'm only interested in a tool that lets a user
draw lines, and that provides javascript access to the node coordinates (I
do not make use of the ROI session info). Before I attempt to build this
from scratch, I thought I'd check if anyone has done this already, and might
be willing to share the code.

Regards,

Jacob

JACOB DELFOS
SPATIAL INFORMATION ANALYST
Maunsell Australia Pty Ltd
629 Newcastle Street, Leederville, WA 6007
PO Box 81, Leederville, WA 6902
Western Australia
ABN 20 093 846 925

Tel     + 61 8 9281 6185