[Chameleon] Problem installing chameleon 2.2 on IIS 6.0

Inizan, Sebastien (CDS-VPI) SIN at euro.who.int
Thu Sep 22 06:36:18 EDT 2005

The thing is that I don't get any errors. It just don't want to display
anything. After I ehco lines in the file sample_basic.phtml, I could see
that the line $oApp->CWCInitialize( $szTemplate, $szMapFile  ); was creating
a problem (afte that line, I did not get any output of my echo line).

Is there any place that keeps errors in a log so I could know what is going
on ?

In the link you mention, they use the MS4W version. But I have already
php,IIS and mapscript running so I don't want to include apache from the
MS4W version. I checked also the writting right for the tmp directory and
they were selected for the IUSR.

:-(

Here is my chamelon.xml:

 <context-param>
        <param-name>web_server_path</param-name>
        <param-value>http://localhost/chameleon/</param-value>
        <description>This is the URL to chameleon.php.  You can use an alias
(i.e. /chameleon/) or an absolute URL (i.e. http://).  Note that if you use
a URL and set it to http://localhost/path-to-chameleon; then the app won't
work from remote machines.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>mapscript_module</param-name>
        <param-value>php_mapscript_44.dll</param-value>
        <description>Mapscript module name (i.e. php_mapscript_40.dll for
Windows installations or php_mapscript_40.so for Unix
installations).</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>button_cache_path</param-name>
        <param-value>C:\EMS\ms_tmp\buttons</param-value>
        <description>Directory in which to write image files generated for
buttons.  This directory must be writable by the web server user and web
accessible.  For performance reasons, this directory should not be cleaned
out automatically.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>button_cache_web_path</param-name>
        <param-value>ms_tmp/buttons/</param-value>
        <description>The URL where a browser can find cached button
images.</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>tmp_web_path</param-name>
        <param-value>ms_tmp/</param-value>
        <description>URL where browser can find temporary files as context
or images</description>
    </context-param>

    <context-param>
        <param-name>tmp_img_path</param-name>
        <param-value>C:\EMS\ms_tmp\</param-value>
        <description>Directory where temporary image files are
put.</description>
    </context-param>