[Chameleon] MLT.php - bug or correct code?

McGraw, Joanne mcgrawj at AGR.GC.CA
Thu Sep 29 11:15:08 EDT 2005

Okay, thanks. I'll leave the change I made to the mlt.php loadresource()
and worry about the future changes you mention when they've been
released.

I noticed the passing of the arrays as well, and yes when I am going
through that route my problem is avoided. However, in my particular
case, I have to pass the language and not always rely on the session's
current language to dictate which language to display a given page in.
That is, even though a session's current language is French, the text
for a particular page may be requested in English.

Cheers,
jtm

-----Original Message-----
From: William Bronsema [mailto:wbronsema at dmsolutions.ca]
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:13 AM
To: McGraw, Joanne; chameleon at lists.maptools.org
Subject: RE: [Chameleon] MLT.php - bug or correct code?

Hi Joanne,

Off the top of my head, no, I can't think of why it is not forced to
uppercase.

One thing I did notice is that other widgets use the
$_SESSION['aszLang']
variable when calling loadresource (see
/htdocs/widgets/session.inc.php).
This is an array of all languages (which might only be one) to load and
not
just a single language which forces the MLTdBase into another area of
the
code that perhaps avoids the problem you are encountering.

This does sound like a possible bug in the MLTdBase code.  This will not
be
an issue in the development version of Chameleon because it no longer
uses
the MLTdBase class.

Cheers,
Bill