[Chameleon] looking for help with zoom to features bugs

Delfos, Jacob jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Wed Apr 5 20:13:28 EDT 2006

Jennifer,

>From what I can tell you change the state of the mapfile on the
server-side, and then send a command to the client to update the map. I
think doing this fails to take into account some of the things that may
have happened on the client-side. I suspect that on the client-side,
your bounding coordinates remain the same even after your Iframe has
updated the mapfile. So when you zoom, the changes from your
SearchResults get overwritten.

You could consider putting some javascript in your SearchResults.phtml
that will actually get the map to zoom to an extent, but using the
client-side interface. That way, you don't bypass anything, and
everything should work as expected.

You could take the function "ApplyBoundingBox" from the Boundingbox
widget, and put it in the page. Then use javascript in your results to
make a call to that function with the desired extents. Of course, it
would make your page submit after the iframe returns, making you lose
your results, unless you use the JSAPI, so the page doesn't have to
submit (which I recommend).

Regards,

Jacob