[Chameleon] download.phtml problem on https

Eijnden, B. van den (Bart) b.vdeijnden at agi.rws.minvenw.nl
Mon Apr 10 04:30:16 EDT 2006

Hi list,

there is a problem with Chameleon's download.phtml in https environments. IE
won't download files, whereas Firefox will.

I've tracked this down to the http headers which are used in download.phtml.

Is the person who wrote download.phtml able to comment on this? I replaced
the existing Cache-Control and Pragma headers from download.phtml (3 lines)
with the ones mentioned here: http://nl3.php.net/header

For Internet Explorer:

When using an attachement Content-Dispositon, it seems the following headers
are also required:

header("Cache-Control: cache, must-revalidate");
header("Pragma: public");

If you have Cache-Control as no-cache, IE fails.

I have done several tests and those two lines fixed my script. (It was
trying to download a .csv)

The above seems to be especially true on https connections.

Disclaimer
Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend. Dit bericht is
uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Als u dit bericht per abuis
hebt ontvangen, wordt u verzocht het te vernietigen en de afzender te
informeren. Wij adviseren u om bij twijfel over de juistheid of de
volledigheid van de mail contact met afzender op te nemen.

This message shall not constitute any rights or obligations.
This message is intended solely for the addressee.
If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
notify the sender immediately. When in doubt whether this message
is correct or complete, please contact the sender.