[Chameleon] Add point data to database

Little, John JLittle at NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Apr 12 18:36:55 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have a chameleon/mapserver application running, and (if possible)
would like to use this for entering spatial and attribute data into a
postgres database.

For example, I'd like to click on the map to open a pop-up with the
point location coordinates displayed as well as input boxes for
additional attribute data. Then, press the "send" button to add this
point data to a postgres database.

Is this possible? Does something like this already exist? Or could I
perhaps accomplish this by creating a custom widget? or am I simply
living in la la land?

As you may have guessed - I'm fairly new to the world of chameleon.

Thanks for your suggestions :)

John