[Chameleon] MapTips and JSAPI

Pierre Racine racine_pierre at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 16 10:42:35 EDT 2006

Hi Bart,

I'have done this work of adapting MapTips to JSAPI last summer. It works
pretty fine using also AJAX and everything. I'have sent my code to Paul
Spencer many months ago so he could integrate it in the next release. But I
never got any answer after two or three emails. I'have wrote to
Juilien-Samuel Lacroix three weeks ago to see if this code would be in the
upcoming release. No news since then. Amazingly this guy is working 250km
from me... Or people at DMSolution to busy to integrate stuff or they do
retain some informations. I would not be surprised if this mail do not reach
the newsgroup.

Anyway this is a strange Open Source project and this is very frustrating.
Many people are rebuiding the wheel because of a lack of coordination.

Probably there is something I haven't yet understand...

Pierre Racine