[Chameleon] Linux install 2.4 with php5

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Thu Aug 3 14:48:30 EDT 2006

Hi,
For the 2.0 release, we wrote a bunch of documentation. The
documentation is still for the current release (2.4) valid except for
few points. In short what need to be done for the normal installation is:

1. untar chameleon somewhere
2. Create a web-accessible /tmp/ms_tmp/
3. Create the following aliases in apache:
   chameleon/htdocs/ -> /chameleon/
   chameleon/samples/htdocs/ -> /chameleon/samples/
4. Edit the chameleon/config/chameleon.xml configuration file. You
probably have to copy chameleon.dist.xml. The documentation is in the file.
5. Test the installation at:
http://127.0.0.1/chameleon/samples/

Note that to save trouble, you may consider to install with FGS:
http://www.maptools.org/fgs/
It's a self-installer for mapserver.

Julien

--