[Chameleon] help - Webservices

Ines mleonsoft at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Aug 4 17:23:31 EDT 2006

Hi Chameleon team.

 Thanks for you help with the multi-language functionality for
Chameleon, it was great.

 I would like to share with you my project in which your initiative is
the cornerstone for it. You could find more information at
http://geospatial.iabin.net <http://geospatial.iabin.net/>  and the
Chameleon customization at http://geospatial.iabin.net/geointegrator

 This project is integrating data from different Central America
countries. Until now, we were allowing the integration of maps from
several IMS using Chameleon. Those IMS have been installed in different
Ministries of Environment and ONGs with our support and they allow them
share their information using WMS.

 One of the main goals of the geospatial network and IABIN is to provide
tools for the integration of geospatial data with biodiversity tabular
data on-line.

 We are creating access to different biodiversity databases using
Webservices and XML. The XML file will contain biodiversity information
with geographic coordinates for each record. Our ambition is to
integrate this XML files provided by our different biodiversity networks
with the maps provided by the geospatial network. In other words we will
like to show points (XML File) and maps using Chameleon.

For this reason, I will appreciate if could send me with thoughts about
how we could do this integration using Chameleon, if you think that
Chameleon is the best place to do this integration or if you think we
have to do this integration at MS4W level,  or if somebody at the
Chameleon or Maptools network already solved this the problem or
something similar.

Thank you for your help

Ines