[Chameleon] resize map to fit area

ben at bentom.com ben at bentom.com
Fri Dec 1 18:08:59 EST 2006

I'm trying to resize the map to fit the dive area after the window is resized.
First I noticed that the onresize event does not come through with a map
widget on the page (works when I remove it).
OnResizeEnd does not work in either case.
Anyone know why and what can be done to get around that?

So I added a "fit map" button to trigger it manually.
It calls a function which does this:

gMapWiWidth = newwidth;
gMapWiHeight = newheight;
document.forms[0].SET_MAP_WIDTH.value = newwidth;
document.forms[0].SET_MAP_HEIGHT.value = newheight;
document.forms[0].submit();

it always comes up with the size in the mapfile.

What am I missing?

-Ben Thompson