[Chameleon] using temp map image as in bugreport 893, get waitimage to show

JBaum at townofbethlehem.org JBaum at townofbethlehem.org
Wed Feb 1 11:31:23 EST 2006

I am trying to get the waitimage (activitylayer, spinner.gif) to show as
soon as a user clicks on a button.  I had to follow bug report 893 because
of the endless waitimage and red x problem in IE with some users.  I also
had to set var unique = "" in all instances in MapDHTML.js.  Now the red x
problem is gone, but the waitimage shows only as the map image is being
downloaded from the server, but not as soon as a request is submitted.  To
be clear to users that something happened, I need the waitimage to show
right away.

I have had limited success with getting waitimage to show with zoom in and
zoom out by putting 'CWCDHTML_ShowLayer('ActivityLayer');' in MapDHTML.js
under MapWPointNavigation and MapWstopZoomBox.  But that doesnt work when
someone uses the update map button or the zoom extents button.  Any ideas
what I can do to show the activitylayer as soon as the user submits a
request?

Thanks!,