[Chameleon] further keymap question ...

Sears, Jeremy Jeremy.Sears at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Feb 2 10:28:56 EST 2006

> ... If you switched to using
> the regular KeyMap widget, you could get it to work with the drawmap
> hack.  Perhaps if I understood what you are trying to achieve I could
> help more?

Hi Paul,
Following your suggestion above Ive switched to using the regular keymap
widget as I think this would be the simplest solution to generating a keymap
image on disk. As mentioned previously, Ive uncommented the following lines
of code in drawmap.php:

>>  $imgObj = $oMapSession->oMap->drawReferenceMap();
>>  $szWebImage = $imgObj->saveWebImage();
(lines 1411-1413 Approx.)

A keymap image is now generated in my tmp image folder however the extent
rectangle is not present on the image. When I query the properties of the
keymap that is displayed on my map app the address of the keymap image is
show as follows : javascript:KeyMapClicked(). Is it correct to assume that
the coordinates of the rectangle that is drawn on the keymap are processed
in 'drawmap.php' and then returned to a javascript function that inturn
dynamically draws the extent rectangle on the screen? As I attempt to wade
through and understand what's going on in drawmap.php I notice that the
extent coordinates are dealt with. Would it be possible to modify
drawmap.php further in order to create a keymap image that includes the
extent rectangle? If so can you suggest a starting point or perhaps the
function(s) I should focus on in order to achieve this?

Many Thanks
Jeremy