[Chameleon] GetJavascriptInitFunctions question

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Sun Feb 12 09:07:42 EST 2006

Hi,

close but not quite.  Each set of functions has a separate purpose.
OnLoad functions are inserted into the the onload function.  Init
functions are added to a script tag at the end of the page.  The
difference is that the init functions are executed while the page is
being loaded and onload is executed after it is loaded.  This
distinction probably isn't necessary with modern browsers but it was
when we supported nn4.79 because there was no document.createElement

GetJavascriptFunctions returns functions that are to be put into the
main javascript block ... these are available to be called by code in
onload and init.

This whole thing should be cleaned up as the javascript architecture
is really an ancient hack to make chameleon work in browsers like
nn4.79 ... and since that's not really a requirement any more, it
could be changed substantially to simplify.  Unfortunately, that's
not a simple job so its not likely to happen soon :(

Cheers

Paul