[Chameleon] How is ROI saved to session?

Yahya Mohammad mfyahya at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 14:02:11 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm developing a widget called ROIBoundingBoxTool that should pop up a box
like the BoundingBoxPopup widget and add a rectangular ROI at the entered
coordinates. I need this functionality in my application in order to make
more precise selections than using the mouse. So far I've managed to get it
to work without refreshing the page when the entered coords are within the
current extent.

Now if the coords are beyond the extent I believe I should write to
$_SESSION['ROIRENDERER'] and refresh the page with an extent somewhat bigger
than the selected ROI. Is this a correct approach? If so, is there an
existing mechanism to do this? I looked at the existing ROI widgets' code but
haven't yet been able to figure out how the ROI selection data gets into the
$_SESSION variable.

Thanks,
Yahya Mohammad