[Chameleon] Problem with dynamically generated mapfile

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Feb 16 10:09:58 EST 2006

Bergero Claudio wrote:
> I tried, but an error is generated in parsing the new line.
>
> My mapfile yet contains an EXTENT line, as described here:
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/mapObj. This line is
> part of the dynamical changes, but I'm sure is compiled correctly.

Sorry for being unclear. In your mapfile you should add a new metadata
in the web object:
MAP
EXTENT your,extent,comma,separated
[...snip...]
WEB
   IMAGEPATH "/tmp/ms_tmp/"
   IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"
   METADATA
     "original_extent" "your,extent,comma,separated"
   END
[...snip...]
END
[...snip...]
END

If you are using php/mapscript to dynamically generate the mapfile, you
can simply add this in your script:
$oMap->setMetadata("original_extent", "your,extent,comma,separated");

Julien

PS: Unrelated to your problem, you may also try to use the readonly
mapsession mode. You may gain some performance. To do it, Just remove
the lines:
     $this->moMapSession = new MapSession_RW;
     $this->moMapSession->setTempDir( getSessionSavePath());

Julien-Samuel Lacroix            jlacroix at dmsolutions.ca
DM Solutions Group               http://www.dmsolutions.ca/