[Chameleon] help

Ines mleonsoft at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Jul 20 15:52:26 EDT 2006

Normand,
Thanks for your help!

I translated everything Ok! with your explications. I have just one template
and every variable translated. Thank You very very much.

Now, I have to translate every title of the file.map (metadata)
In the example:
http://localhost/chameleon/samples/sample_bilingual.phtml

at the left is every link with a title in the legend tab, they are:
* grid
* popplace
* road
* rail ... etc.

I have to translate that titles. How can I do? I translated the titles with
variables, but that is not the way for the file.map

Thank you again!
Ines

Ines wrote:

>Normand,
>
>Thank you very much for your help! I have my page multi-languaje Ok.
>Now, I need to know wich is the correct way to translate the cw2c tags or
>the rest.
>
>I have 3 lenguajes, and 3 templates
>
>I have to translate all text and all images, and I saw that I have to
>translate:
>
>* All images
>* All the text:
>1) Text of ReferenceLayer,
>
>2) NavToolsLayer, TopTabsLayer,
>
>2) I'm not sure if it is the Text of the file.map: can you help me with
this
>flie? where is located? The file/s that manage the Lengend and Tools Tab
for
>translate the text of Legend tab (grid, popplace, road...) and the images
of
>Tools tab like looks the page "sample_bilingual.phtml" at the left of the
>page.
>

>So, I need to know if I have to change the text in every CW2C tag  in every
>template to translate the text, and if I have to duplicate the images with
>the correct language and reference every new image in every CW2C tag in
>every template.

Ines,

I think the best way is to use only one template in which you include
variables ([$variable$]) for text to be translated.  The translation of
the text will appear in the resource files, three resources files in
your case.  For that you have to set the phtml to use the template you
want like that:

$oApp->CWCAddRegionalTemplate( 'en-CA',
dirname(__FILE__).'/sample_bilingual.html',
dirname(__FILE__).'/sample_resource_en.php' );
$oApp->CWCAddRegionalTemplate( 'fr-CA',
dirname(__FILE__).'/sample_bilingual.html',
dirname(__FILE__).'/sample_resource_fr.php' );
$oApp->CWCInitialize( dirname(__FILE__).'/sample_bilingual.html',
$szMapFile  );

The templates will look something like the following.

sample_bilingual.html

          </cwc2></td>
jsfunction="ShowOtherToolsLayer" styleresource="Tabs"
Image="icons/[$tools_image$]" ImageTip="[$tools_tip$]" toolset="SideTabs">
              <image state="normal"/>
              <image state="hover"/>
              <image state="selected"/>
          </cwc2></td>

tools_enhanced.html

      <!-- LOCATE -->
popupstyleresource="TextButtons" PopupWidth="460" PopupHeight="550"
Toolbar="false" Status="false" Menubar="false"
Image="icons/[$locate_image$]" ImageTip="[$locate_tip$]" Label="Locate"
ZoomToScale="1000000">
        <image state="normal"/>
        <image state="selected"/>
        <image state="hover"/>
      </cwc2>

sample_resource_en.php

<?php

function loadResources($oApp)
{
    $aRes['str1'] = 'English';
    $aRes['str2'] = 'French';
    $aRes['tools_tip'] = 'Other tools';
    $aRes['tools_image'] = 'icon_tab_tools_en.png';
    $aRes['locate_tip'] = 'Find a place or NTS Sheet';
    $aRes['locate_image'] = 'icon_search_en.png';
    $aRes['legend_tip'] = 'Legend;

    foreach($aRes as $key=>$val)
    {
        $oApp->setVar($key, $val);
    }
}
?>

sample_resource_fr.php

<?php

function loadResources($oApp)
{
    $aRes['str1'] = 'Fran&ccedil;ais';
    $aRes['str2'] = 'Anglais';
    $aRes['tools_tip'] = 'Autres outils';
    $aRes['tools_image'] = 'icon_tab_tools_fr.png';
    $aRes['locate_tip'] = 'Localiser un endroit ou une feuille NTS';
    $aRes['locate_image'] = 'icon_search_fr.png';
    $aRes['legend_tip'] = 'L&amp;eacute;gende';

    foreach($aRes as $key=>$val)
    {
        $oApp->setVar($key, $val);
    }