[Chameleon] Problem with MapNotes

Jimmy Lam j.lam at i-real.nl
Fri Jun 9 05:18:06 EDT 2006

Hi list,

While trying to build a widget based on MapNotes that adds points to an
Oracle db, I encountered a problem with retrieving rows from a dbf file.
The line of code in question is at #300 of properties.php of MapNotes:
$aRec = dbase_get_record_with_names( $dbfFile, $i );. I get an error
message under certain circumstances about trying to read a bad record. I
can reproduce this error by following this scenario:
Add 2 points on a map using MapNotes (sample_enhanced works)
Edit the first point. On submitting, the error will occur.
My setup is MS4W 1.5.x with Chameleon 2.4 final. I tried using a vanilla
MS4W 2.0 and Chameleon 2.4 but that has the same result. I had to edit
properties.php to load php_dbase earlier in the file or I'd get an error
about dbase_open being undefined after the 2nd point but this can't be
the reason I think. One thing I noticed while looking in the dbf files
is that sometimes 2 IDs are identical. Not sure if this has anything to
do with it but I'll need to look into it a bit more. Could anyone else
confirm they get the same error?

Regards,

Jimmy Lam