[Chameleon] Dual Language Functionality

Little, John JLittle at NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Jun 22 13:27:50 EDT 2006

Hi all,

We are currently using Chameleon 2.0 (have not yet upgraded) and I am
trying to make our application bilingual. I have found some information
on this message board and have managed to get it to (mostly) work using
the (now depreciated) language widget -- but I am having some
problems... I have 2 templates (template_en.html & template_fr.html).
Both pointing to a single map file. My understanding is that I should be
able to use a single map file and display the correct language title by
setting both a "wms_title_en" and a "wms_title_fr" (as well as all the
other metadata eg: "wms_abstract_en" and "wms_abstract_fr" etc.) though
this does not seem to work by adding the "_en" or "_fr". Am I missing
something?

Or..

If I were to upgrade from 2.0 to 2.4, would this affect the existing
application in any way? Also if this is the recommended approach, could
someone explain (I am fairly new to Chameleon) exactly how to get dual
language functionality working or point me to some documentation.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

JL