[Chameleon] Path or Directory In Chameleon

Jonathon Coombes jon at cybersite.com.au
Tue Mar 7 22:00:54 EST 2006

On 08/03/2006, at 12:36 PM, Pssdal Bakosurtanal wrote:

> Dear Expert,
>
> Chameleon has cleared directory structure like as :
> -web/samples/
> |---data/
> |     |__ 50000/
> |               |___diox
> |               |          |___ diox1.shp , diox1.dbf
> |               |___gnlh
> |___ map/
> |___ etc/
> |___ htdocs/
>
> My problem is when I created sub folder under htdocs like as below
> -htdocs/
> |___ diox/
> |         |____ diox1.map
> |         |____ diox1.phtml
> |         |____ diox1.html
> |         |____ diox1.xml
> |___ gnlh/
> |___ etc/
>
> and I want to use this subfolder to collect files of mapfile, html
> file, phtml file and also xml.file,
> for example I would like to put diox1.map, diox1.html,diox1.phtml
> and diox1.xml under subfolder of "diox".
>
> When I try to to access http://server/map/diox/diox1.phtml I can't
> see anything?
> Could you help me where is the problem?

OK. First lets look at the URL you have here. The server we assume
points to the machine containing the structure above. However, there
is no map directory listed, but diox is listed in two different
places. This starts to give us an idea of where the problem may be.
Lets continue the investigation....

> Here is detail of my script :
> 1. setting httpd.d
>     httpd_pssdalweb.conf :
> =============================
> Alias /pssdalweb/ "/ms4w/apps/pssdalweb/"
> <Directory "/ms4w/apps/pssdalweb/">
>   AllowOverride None
>   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
>   Order allow,deny
>   Allow from all
> </Directory>

This is not used in the URL so is irrelevant to us at the moment.

> ====================================
>   httpd_map.conf :
> Alias /map/ "/ms4w/apps/pssdalweb/spasial/htdocs/50000/"
> <Directory "/ms4w/apps/pssdalweb/spasial/htdocs/50000/">
>   AllowOverride None
>   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
>   Order allow,deny
>   Allow from all
> </Directory>

OK. Now we start getting to the main area. The "map" alias is defined
here, so this is the /map part of the test url you are having
problems with currently. Looking at what it resolves to, it points us
to the htdocs directory (I assume all the path before this is
correct), but the subdirectory is 50000? Where is this in your above
structure - pointing to the area for shape files and other data as
can be seen below in your mapfile with the SHAPEPATH line.  It should
be /ms4w/apps/pssdalweb/spasial/htdocs/ instead is my guess?

Regards
Jonathon