[Chameleon] pdflib version in ms4w install / upgrade?

Jennifer Shanks jennifer at greeninfo.org
Tue Mar 21 14:34:57 EST 2006

Hello,

I've been learning how to use pdflib and I am having some trouble
figuring out which version is installed with the ms4w package.  If I
run phpinfo(), the display shows that I have version 5.0.3
installed.  If I try to use some of the functions in the 5.0.3 pdflib
manual, I get an error: "Call to undefined function: "  If I switch
to the deprecated version 4 functions, then the script works.  For
example, instead of using PDF_load_font, I have to use
PDF_findfont.  PDF_fit_textline is another function I'd like to use
but returns the undefined error.

Does anyone have any hints on where to find out which functions are
available for the version installed with ms4w?

Also, I'm wondering about upgrading to the most recent version of
pdflib.  Are there any issues I need to consider?  Are there any
basic upgrade steps to follow?

Just to put this in context, here's what I'm attempting to perform:
I'm working on an application that allows users to search for parks
by zip code, city or county.  The search results are displayed in an
Iframe.  I've added a print list button that will print the list to a
pdf document using pdflib.  What I'm trying to do now is format the
pdf document.

Thanks very much for the help.

Regards,
Jennifer

Jennifer Shanks
GreenInfo Network
116 New Montgomery, Suite 738
San Francisco, CA 94105
(415) 979-0343 x 306
(415) 979-0371 FAX
**GreenInfo has completely re-done our web site
Go to: www.greeninfo.org