[Chameleon] SLD Symbol Ignored...

Pascoe,Tim [Burlington] Tim.Pascoe at ec.gc.ca
Thu May 18 10:39:16 EDT 2006

I've run into a strange problem with applying an SLD to a point layer. Currently, I have an SLD which is generated on the fly using a script. Variables are passed in to the script via a very (very) simple widget I wrote, the variables are used to generate a filter clause in the SLD, and then the SLD is applied to the layer on the map.

The point layer is an OGR VRT point layer coming from a SQL-Server database, and is set up as a WMS. When the WMS is queried directly through mapserver, the symbol defined in the WMS map file (squareflag) is displayed properly; the symbol exists in the symbols file. However, when the layer is displayed through Chameleon, the squareflag symbol defined in the SLD is ignored, and the layer defaults to a square. I know the SLD is being applied, since I can change the colour of the symbol, and the filter works properly.

I've experimented with changing the symbol definitions and names, and it really does seem as if the symbol names are hard-coded somehow.

If this explanation makes sense, can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve the issue? The Chameleon map file points to the point layer WMS, both map files are in the same directory, and both define the same font and symbol files.

Thanks,

Timothy Pascoe

Environment Canada / Environnement Canada
Canada Centre for Inland Waters / Centre Canadien des Eaux Intérieures
867 Lakeshore Road / 867, chemin Lakeshore
Burlington, Ontario / Burlington (Ontario)
L7R 4A6

Tel/Tél: (905) 336-6239
Fax/Téléc: (905) 336-4699
E-mail/C. élec: tim.pascoe at ec.gc.ca
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada
This e-mail represents the opinions and views solely held by its author and in no manner may be considered as representing those of his/her employer.