[Chameleon] Drawing points with latitude and longitude - Please help me

Ines mleonsoft at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Nov 2 10:25:43 EST 2006

Julien, thank you for your help again. I created the drop down list and I
saw the Gmap example. But I´m not sure if I´m in the correct way. Now I
explain exactly what I have to do.

I have this information:

Species(Description)	Latitude1	longitude1	Latitude2	longitude2	Latitude3
longitude3

fish species           xxxxxx	       xxxxxxx	xxxxxxx	 xxxxxxx	  xxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
bird species           xxxxxxx	 xxxxxxx	xxxxxxx	xxxxxxx	  xxxxxx	 xxxxxxxx
........etc

I have to show in a map the places where is every specie. Every specie are
located in several places of the map. Like "Parks" in the GMap example. In
the Gmap example, the parks are in several points of the map drawn with
green color. I have to make the same. But, every specie have several
latitudes and longitudes for indicate every point of the map where I have to
draw every point (circle or another image) where is located the specie.

My idea is to place every specie (description) in a drop down list, and when
I select one specie, draw in the map all the points where is located that
specie. For example with a circle or another image.

I think It could be:

1) Select the specie of the drop down list
2) Read all latitudes and longitudes of that specie
3) Take a layer where I will show that points (circles or another image)
4) Show in that layer all the points (latitudes and longitudes) where is
located that specie.

So, I maked a new widget with the tutorial of chameleon, I have a layer
ready to work in it (I duplicated a layer in the file .map for work in it
without problems) and I maked a drop down list with your help in the new
widget where I show the species (descriptions).

But I don't know how to read the latitudes and longitudes and from where.
And how to draw the circles or another images to put in the map (or layer)
that corresponds to every latitude and longitude of a specific specie (the
specie I selected)

Again thank you very much!

Ines