[Chameleon] LocateByAttribute Help

gianluigi nozza gianluigi.nozza at tiscali.it
Mon Oct 9 08:06:32 EDT 2006

Hallo to everybody..

I have setup the MS4W installation with Chameleon and I am playing around
with some demo. Especially I have seen that "sample_enhanced" demo has
almost any feature I would like from a WEB Server (at present). The only
feature not present here (that I desperatelly need) is a locate by attribute
feature based upon the dbf content of a shape file.

After having a look to the ExpressionBuilder widget I was supposing that was
the answer to my need, when I have found a reference to an undocumented
widget (LocateByAttributes) that sounds as a more appropriate solution.

What I need to do is the following: let the user choose a layer (and the
underlying shape file), display to the user a list of the fields available
in the dbf shape file, let the user build a query expression, show the user
a list of the matched results, and to zoom out to the extent of the feature
selected by the user.

I believe that this is one of the most basic need in a Web Server
Application, so I'm wondering that no example about is available in the
chameleon installation for MS4W.

Locate feature in sample_enhanced example seems to work only trough a
dedicated? Gazetter Service (what is this ?) while I need to setup my own
Web Server.

Anybody has a working example of the LocateByAttribute / ExpressionBuilder
widgets that I can easily incorporate in the sample_enhanced example ?

ANY, also very little help, GREATLY appreciated.