[Chameleon] Chameleon authorization

gianluigi nozza gianluigi.nozza at tiscali.it
Wed Oct 11 09:12:46 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I took a look to the sample_user and sample_admin phtml files to try a
simple authorization feature in Chameleon. I was able to setup a demo
application with authorization capabilities but I found that destroing
sessions (for example when you clean the tmp directory) also destroy the
sql_lite dbase in wich passwords are probably stored, so I have modified the
examples above to write and read files in another directory. It works ! so I
can clean up the tmp directory without having to define each time the
authorized users.

Is it a correct approach ? or for some reason I can't figure out, the dbase
must reside in the tmp directory ?

Another question; at this point, when you have authorized an user, how can
you provide different functionality to your application ? I have seen that
one approach could be serving different templates based upon the user name
logged, but this of corse requires a lot of customization work. Other
approaches ?

Gianluigi