R: [Chameleon] Chameleon authorization

Normand Savard nsavard at mapgears.com
Thu Oct 12 14:26:21 EDT 2006

gianluigi nozza wrote:

>I didn't realize that chameleon should have a garbage collection feature
>capable of erase expired session (based upon the value of
>session.gc_maxlifetime in php.ini). I also have seen that the garbage
>collection process has a default probability of 1/100 to start each time a
>session is started, but even setting the probability to 100/100 apparently
>garbage collection never starts (so you have to delete old sessions
>manually). I have seen some post in the past already stating the problem. As
>far as I know no bug report is opened about, maybe the DM solution team
>could verify ?

I tested it on Windows with "gc_maxlifetime" php ini parameter set to 5
secondes and a probality of 100.  It works well with Chameleon 2.4.1
(20060906) that comes as a ms4w package (see maptools.org).

For a more exhaustive explanation of php garbage collection see
http://www.llstudios.net/directory/17-1.

Norm