[Chameleon] Architectural Advice

anthony farrant anthony.k.farrant at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 07:41:22 EDT 2007

Yeah. Nice example. That's more or less what I'm trying to achieve.

I'm playing with dynamic layers for the moment. Inserting code between
the initialize and execute.

$oApp =  new Mapper();
$oApp->registerSkin( 'skins/sample' );
$oApp->CWCInitialize( $szTemplate, $szMapFile  );
if ($action_type == "1") {
    $oApp->addLayer("New",$points,'FF0000','point',4);
}
$oApp->CWCExecute();

where $action_type is a GET variable and $points a coordinate array.

The problem with this solution is that at each refresh of the page (zoom,
update, etc)
it creates a new layer. The layer dissapears too when you refresh the page
without
the action_type in the URL.

What I'm seeking to do is create session layers. Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks for your advice guys,

Anthony