[Chameleon] dynamic mapfile

anthony farrant anthony.k.farrant at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 11:33:32 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

I succeeded in creating dynamic layers by dynamically creating a mapfile
with *INLINE FEATURES* and passing it as an argument to the initialization
script. Works fine with the exception that:

I can't add other attributes than the coordinates (latitude & longitude) and
by consequence I cannot make the layer queryable.

I was wondering if it was possible to add attributes (like in a shapefile:
country, species name, source) to the layer with the "INLINE FEATURES
technique".

If not is it possible to add queryable attributes (like in a shapefile:
country, species name, source) to a dynamically created layer with
MAPSCRIPT.

I know these attributes usually come in a "dbf"-file but is it possible to
associate these with  a dynamic layer?

I'm kind of stuck at this point so any kind of help is welcome.

Have a nice weekend y'all,

Anthony