[Chameleon] message came out funny?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Feb 5 13:18:45 EST 2007

Liz Godwin wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I sent a couple of messages last week regarding a few widgets I've
> worked on.  I check the archive to see if they came through, but the
> message text was missing on the second one.  Odd...  I should likely
> resend both messages because I think they might be valuable to some.
> For the first I receieved a message stating the message would be held
> for the moderator because it was too long (HTML message??).
>
> Any thoughts on why the messages came out funny?  I'm using Google
> Mail for this list.  I used a formatted message (HTML) because of some
> embedded code examples.

Hi Liz,

Your message was indeed held for moderation because of its size (HTML
messages tend to be huge)... the message size limit on this list is
intentionally kept very low to prevent large attachments (and viruses).
The lists get so much junk and spam that we do not manually process the
messages that are caught for moderation any more, we just systematically
reject them. You were lucky your message was still in the pending area
and I have approved it just now.

With respect to the other message that came through empty, I have no
idea why that may have happened.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette