[Chameleon] Problem with the Gazetteer Service

Athanasis Nikolaos athanasis at geo.aegean.gr
Thu Jan 18 07:31:36 EST 2007

Hello all,

Does anyone know how to define the functionality of the Gazetteer Service? I need to  locate places on my map when users click on the "place or Feature" button in the gazetteer.
I am confused: In the /htdocs/common/phpgeocoder/services/gazetteer_server.php file i see that there is a http://cgdi-dev.geoconnections.org/cgi-bin/prototypes/cgdigaz/cgdigaz.cgi <http://cgdi-dev.geoconnections.org/cgi-bin/prototypes/cgdigaz/cgdigaz.cgi>  service. Do I have to specify my own service?
How must I specify the gazetteer not to look into Canadian placenames, postal codes etc. but into data from my map?

Thank you in advance!

Athanasis Nikolaos
Postgraduate Student
University of the Aegean