[Chameleon] Proxy server problems with Chameleon FGS

Alan Hale alan.hale at btclick.com
Wed Jul 4 12:56:54 EDT 2007

Hi

I have successfully installed the FGS package on Fedora Core 6 (there
were some problems with missing library files but this has been raised
on the FGS list). I have installed to Port 8080. I've added ProxyPass
and ProxyPassReturn directives to the main httpd.conf, so:

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
ProxyRequests Off

<Proxy *>
   Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from all

</Proxy>

ProxyPass /chameleon/ http://localhost:8080/chameleon/
ProxyPassReverse /chameleon/ http://localhost:8080/chameleon/

ProxyPass /mapping/ http://localhost:8080/mapping/
ProxyPassReverse /mapping/ http://localhost:8080/mapping/

</IfModule>

"mapping" is the directory location for my own applications.

I now have two issues to deal with:

1) The Chameleon samples run fine when I go straight to
http://mymainserverIP:8080/chameleon/samples etc. When I use ProxyPass
(i.e. with www.bsbi-gis.org.uk/chameleon/  etc.) the map still shows and
the tools work but the images for buttons and icons go missing

2) I can't get applciations in /mapping/ to run at all, though the
directory and files within are found. I get the error:

"The proxy server received an invalid response  from the upstream
server. Could not handle request GET/mapping/anglesey.phtml"

I've still only got a tenuous grasp of Fedora and Apache so I guess I am
missing something obvious here. Any help much appreciated.

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth
Wales
UK