[Chameleon] RE: Chameleon & DM Solutions US Streets Data...

Nolte, Tim Tim.Nolte at ipcswirelessinc.com
Thu Jul 12 15:21:16 EDT 2007

Here is the full situation. In order to be able to get a handle on the
workings of MapServer & Chameleon I setup an install on our Solaris 8
test server. I installed MapServer 4.10.2 along with it's supporting
libraries as well as Chameleon 2.4.1. I have been able to successfully
run the MapServer demos (gmap & workshop) as well as the Chameleon
samples. I loaded the US Streets 2006se data on our test server and was
able to successfully run the sample application included there. I
proceeded to get running our current production setup of MapServer on
our test server with this new data. Our production MapServer is running
the 2005fe data. I added our custom layers to a copy of the 2006se US
Streets map file and tried to use that. When I try to load up the page I
end up with a blank page and when I monitor the Apache error_log I'm
seeing that it segfaults when trying to load. I should mention also that
I'm attempting to run php/mapscript under php as an apache DSO. Our
current production MapServer is run this way as is my understanding.

I'm still pretty green with the whole MapServer & Chameleon system so
I'm sure I don't have something setup right. What confuses me is that
the most up-to-date documentation seems to be for 2.0 of Chameleon
updated in 2005. I'm also trying to organize the MapServer/Chameleon
environment similar to the way our current web development environment
is setup.

----
Timothy J Nolte - tnolte at ilpcs.com
Associate Network Planning Engineer