[Chameleon] Building the CustomLegendTree from Widget Magic causes a Parse Error. Why?

Andrew Parker aparker1969 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 09:58:55 EST 2007

I am following the steps referenced on the Wiki>WidgetMagic>CustomLegendTree.  As I began to insert the code, I tested my map at each step.  The legend_template is working (or at least is looks like it is).  But when I add the code in the LegendTemplate.widget.php file, I receive the following error:

Parse error:  parse error, unexpected ')', expecting '&' or T_VARIABLE in C:\ms4w\apps\chameleon\htdocs\widgets\LegendTemplate\LegendTemplate.widget.php on line 502

No matter where I insert the function calls, I receive the error.  I have not modified the template.html or *.map file.  Do I need to add some code to these files?

I am new to Chameleon, JavaScript, PHP, and HTML, so easy to follow responses would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Andrew.