[Chameleon] Chameleon & TileCache...

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Wed Nov 14 09:27:16 EST 2007

Hi,

Chameleon use the MapServer mapfile as a base configuration file. I
don't think you can easily use other source for your map rendering other
than that. You may have more luck with more standard method to boost
rendering time.

First things to check:
- Remove any projection block in your mapfile. Reprojection on the fly
is really CPU consuming.
- Make sure you use simple expressions in your classes.
- Follow the tips for vector and raster data access improvement here:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/faq/performance
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/raster_data/#preprocessing-rasters

Julien

Nolte, Tim wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone has experience with using TileCache along with
> Chameleon? Is this even possible? We have a large amount of data that we
> need to try and boost the performance of and wondering if TileCache
> might be the ticket. Thanks.
>
> - Tim
>
> ----
> Timothy J Nolte - tnolte at ilpcs.com