[Chameleon] Information and advice on using Chameleon with ms4w

shiva ramnarine shiva_ramnarine at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 15 01:32:23 EDT 2007

hi my name is shiva ramnarine, im new to chameleon and ms4w. i am interested in mapping and plan on doing a degree in GIS. i am currently doing a computer degree and decided that doing a project along these lines would be a good idea. (not a good programmer)

i decided to try out chameleon and followed the instructions word for word but for some reason i cannot get my template.phtml to show. the page loads with no errors but it has no content or visible content i should say. i looked at the help files, read users comments on your site but have not been able to find anything useful. i have tried to remake the template file and the initializer file several times and all have failed.

by chance do you know what the error could be? i am running windows home with sp2, i have apache and php installed and on top of that i have the ms4w and chameleon installed (along with several other chameleon type applications fist, klab, etc.)

to be honest i tried using the fist application first but had the same problem of my maps not showing. in the case of chameleon, nothing is showing.

one other question is, could chameleon connect to a mysql database?

any assistance that you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Shiva

p.s my project has to do with creating an application that shows a map with a soil layer and when you select an area and hit search a list of possible tree species that can be planted there will show up. this is possible with chameleon right?